ASA is a not-for-profit organization that benefits mechanic and body shops as well as customers. Since 1951, ASA has been providing services to auto repair shops, setting standards which have proven results in customer satisfaction, lobbying in the interest of family owned automotive businesses, and a wide array of other beneficial activities. By admitting members and assisting them in meeting certain standards, customers leave happy and typically come back. Members enjoy benefits of the program, and the annual due pays for itself easily by taking advantage of any of the benefits provided. ASA also works to benefit both the business and the consumer by tackling issues within the automotive community and advocating in their best interest. Become an ASA accredited business today, and see what ASA has to offer you. For auto repair customers, keep an eye out for our nationwide ASA affiliates; you’ll always receive top quality service for your car, truck, or SUV.
Why Choose an ASA Shop for your auto repairs?
When you need regular maintenance or serious auto or truck repairs choosing to have your vehicle repaired by an Automotive Service Association (ASA) member-business, you can expect the following:
- An attentiveness to you, the customer. ASA members work to earn and keep your satisfaction and trust. In fact, an average of 78 percent of customers are repeat customers.
- Repairs and service backed by years of experience. The average ASA mechanical repair shop is 24 years old and 94 percent of ASA mechanical members are part of family-owned businesses.
The average ASA collision repair shop is 32 years old and 95 percent of ASA collision members are part of family-owned businesses. Ninety-four percent of the shops operate a website and 61 percent of their customers are repeat customers.
- Adherence to ASA’s Code of Ethics that outlines professional business practices.
- Accurate diagnosis and repairs. ASA members stay up-to-date with evolving vehicle technology by attending technical education classes.
- Access to information. By belonging to ASA, members have access to more than 30 association benefits, including the latest technical and management education and regulatory information.
According to recent studies, 5 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities are clearly caused by automobile maintenance neglect. The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Greg's Automotive Services located at 29 East Germantown Pike in Plymouth Meeting, PA is proud to be part of the ASA.
For more information on this great program see: http://asashop.org
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.